West Virginia Joins the Fun With Fully-Fledged Online Casinos
Players in West Virginia who are searching for an exciting yet hassle-free gambling experience are in the right place! iGamingWV.com is a true information hub for everything casino-related in the Mountain State.
What Are Our Objectives?
The West Virginia market of licensed casinos is growing rapidly and traversing it can seem quite cumbersome. With this in mind and a greater purpose to make the players’ experience as comfortable as possible, we crystallized the following missions:
iGamingWV in Numbers
We constantly update lists of our partners and media reviewed to make sure our readers are always up to date with the latest iGaming trends, which, in our opinion, is of paramount importance in the modern world.
6 Official Casino Partners Are Collaborating With Us
- Every casino affiliate you find here at iGamingWV.com is fully licensed and regulated by the West Virginia Lottery Commission and operates legally within the state.
- Thanks to our signed partnerships with casinos, our readers are able to find amazing promotions and bonuses, with support coming from our own team of experts as well as official casino support staff.
5 Casino Bonuses to Get You The Most
- Here at iGamingWV, we are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest casino bonuses that bring our readers excellent value, as well as information on how they work.
- We are steadily expanding our bonus catalog, so remember to check back frequently to find new and exciting offers.
14 Exciting Casino and Table Games
- Our collection consists of everything casino lovers enjoy, such as Video Poker, Baccarat, Craps, Slingo, and of course, Roulette and Blackjack.
- Our guides will explain how to play the most popular casino titles, complete with useful tips and the top strategies to help you get the most out of your play.
10 Popular Slots and Reviews
- Players in West Virginia love slots, so we review many of the top titles that the WVLC has approved. Our reviewers play for real money to ensure the integrity and accuracy of our reviews while looking out for titles that have both high entertainment value and a solid RTP.
- We also have an exclusive slots collection that contains everything from complex video slots crammed with features to the three-reel classics.
27 Official Casino Reps Ready to Assist Our Readers
- We know how important a problem-free gambling experience is to our readers; that’s why we connect you directly to casino reps who can provide the answers you need, fast.
- To ensure this feature works flawlessly, we are still working on it but expect it to be available soon.
At iGamingWV, we have a wonderful team who are all well-educated in casino games and the online gambling industry. Collectively, we boast more than N years of experience playing and reviewing casino games and have the know-how to answer any questions you may have.
We are always happy to hear from our readers and assist them. Contact our team any time if you wish to:
- Tell us about a huge win;
- Talk to one of our expert gamblers;
- Speak with our marketing team;
- File a report against a partner casino;
- Share feedback.
As we work closely with our casino partners and their representatives, we can often get our readers the helpful answers they need with a fast response time. To make sure you get the information you need, please provide as many useful details as possible in your email, and always send it with a subject line.
Please contact us at info[at]intressmedia[dot]com
Our Other Projects
Thanks to the continued positive response from our readers, we have been slowly expanding, intending to provide helpful iGaming and casino-related information hubs across the country!
Always Play Responsibly
As we promote the benefits of online gambling to our readership, we feel as though it’s equally important to convey the potential risks of online gambling. To that end, we will continue educating our players on the risks of gambling and promoting safe practice when playing.
If you or someone you know is at risk, please contact an organization that can provide help. Here are some of the non-profit organizations that serve West Virginia:
- 1800 PROBLEM GAMBLER
- National Council on Problem Gambling
- Gamblers Anonymous
- West Virginia Lottery Commission (Self-Exclusion Program)
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
What’s the Minimum Age for Gambling in West Virginia?
Only players aged 21 or over can participate in casino games, both online and offline, in the state of West Virginia.
In order to verify their age, players are required to provide the last four digits of their SSN when registering for an online casino. Those entering land-based casinos will be required to provide government-approved photographic ID.
From Racecourses to Roulette: A Brief History of How West Virginia Legalized Online Gambling
Thanks to the horse racing industry being so prevalent and close to the hearts of WV residents since its legalization in 1933, gambling in the state has always had a strong chance of legalizing other gambling activities.
Although the push for further legalization essentially happened to save the racing industry from collapse, the slow progression from video terminals to slots to full-blown racinos paved the way for online activities.
WV casino enthusiasts who now enjoy the freedom to gamble anywhere within the state might be interested to know the history of how gambling became legal in the state, so we crafted a brief history below.
On December 2nd, 1933, The Charles Town Race Track opened its doors to bettors after the state legalized racing across West Virginia. Unfortunately, the track wasn’t initially a success, thanks to the effects of the Great Depression. Ironically, in the present day, the racetrack makes most of its money from video slots and table games.
Mountaineer Park racetrack becomes the first establishment to offer video lottery terminals on-site. These unique terminals offered bettors a different way to engage at the racetrack and proved quite profitable.
Thanks to the success at Mountaineer Park and the slowing of the racing industry, the state granted licenses for all four tracks in the state to house lottery terminals like the ones at Mountaineer Park.
The state once again improved the gambling prospects at the four West Virginia racetracks by allowing the placement of full-blown slots that were sure to engage players more than the aging video lottery terminals.
In a win for more casual bettors, in 2001, the state made it possible for bars throughout the state to have their own slot machines, so long as they met the licensing criteria.
After years of failed legislature to allow the states four racetracks to provide casino-style table games such as poker, blackjack, and roulette, the four racetrack counties were given the right to vote on the legalization. Three of the four racetracks in the state gained the right to have table games, with Charles Town Racetrack missing the opportunity. Charles Town was granted the right to request a new vote in two years.
The relative success of the various gambling operations across the state, and the tax revenue that came with it, encouraged lawmakers in The Mountain State to legalize online sports betting.
After the legalization of sports betting in 2018, casino enthusiasts knew it was just a matter of time before online casino games were available online, and sure enough, in 2019, WV lawmakers laid out the framework for online casino licensing.
After a relatively smooth licensing procedure, in July of 2020, DraftKings became the first online casino to start taking bets! The current law makes it possible for the five current land-based casinos to host up to three online casinos each, under different skins, for a total theoretical maximum of 15 online casinos.
2021 saw four new offerings to the Mountain State, including the final two skins from the Greenbrier in FanDuel and Golden Nugget, as well as BetRivers and Caesars taking skins from Mountaineer Casino. At the end of the first fiscal year between June 2020 and 2021, casinos in the state had taken in revenues of $33.8 million.
PointsBet took the first skin offered by Hollywood Casino in January 2022 to become the only new casino launched in the year while also establishing a site in Pennsylvania in the same year. In the state’s first full fiscal year, between June 2021 and 2022, the state more than doubled its first annual total with $86.1 million in total revenues.
Despite not doing nearly as much business as other states, a massive year-on-year increase saw iGaming revenues of $138.9 million in the fiscal year between June 2022 and 2023, meaning West Virginia is pumping out some of the nation’s highest year-on-year increases in the iGaming sector.
Noteworthy Online Gambling and Casino News for West Virginians
Stay in the Loop With Our Gambling Community
- If you are looking to be actively involved in the iGaming community, our newsletter is an excellent source of well-curated online casino information.
- The newsletter provides players with important news about new games, bonuses, casinos, events in West Virginia, and more!